Sunlight has great deal of benefits to our body. Sunlight creates Vitamin D which is anti-cancer, helps bone health, supports the immune system, protects from dementia and brain aging, good for losing excess fat, essential for decreasing asthma symptoms and strengths teeth (and probably more).
Here are some benefits of MODERATE amount of sun exposure:
- Sunlight kills bad bacteria: The German soldiers used sunlight to disinfect and heal wounds.
- Sunlight lowers cholesterol: The sun converts high cholesterol in the blood into steroid hormones and the sex hormones that required for reproduction.
- Sun rays lowers blood pressure
- Sunlight builds the immune system: sun exposure increases white blood cells production.
- Regular sunlight exposure increases the growth and height of children: some research show that the amount of sun exposure in the first few months has effect on how tall the person grows.
- Sunlight can ease depression.
*Exposure to the sun should be done SLOWLY! If you are not used to the sun, then your skin will be more sensitive to it. Avoid sunburn by building up your tolerance SLOWLY.